Saturday, February 25, 2012

back at it

Well I tested my knees last week and after a gingerly brisk 2 miles I actually felt great. I was so glad my knees were healed up and I'm ready to get back into training. I went for 2 miles Monday, 2 miles Wednesday and just over 2 miles today and the old knees are still great. I've put more importance on stretching and watched a few youtube videos on proper running form and posture. I've also recently decided to stop weighing myself daily and obsessing over every pound. I know some weight loss will come with the training, and I'm still committed to making healthier eating choices so I'm only going to step on the scale maybe once a week.

The funny thing about weight loss and exercise is that it can be a fine line between wanting to have a healthy lifestyle and having an obsession with weight and food. So far in my life I've swung the pendulum from one side to the other. I don't know what a healthy lifestyle really feels like. I know what it's like to put a lot of effort into losing pounds, and I know what it's like to stay far away from treats and feel hungry, but what would it feel like to live a balanced lifestyle where you can eat treats here and there, and where exercise is done regularly with no extreme purpose in mind.

I`m confident that this year will show me how to achieve some of this balance in my life. I`m sure training for this marathon will help me develop a regular habit of exercising. And not accepting cake and sugar every time it`s offered (and its offered a lot) will surely help me learn how to control myself and what I pop in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment