Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Back Home

After two weeks trecking the kiddies all the way to Maple Ridge BC, then to Whistler, and then around Washington I'm pretty spent.  I had a blast visiting my sister and brother-in-law, and of course my nephew but it felt like not an hour went by where we weren't doing something, but if you spend more than 2.5 seconds in my family you'll learn that's not unusual.  It always sounds nice to sit around and do nothing, but in reality it's pretty boring.  We hit some museums, 3D minigolf, bowling, shopping, gondolas, mountain viewing, more shopping, eating out, swimming and more shopping, bbq, cooking lesson, and yes, we even managed to squeeze in 3 training sessions for the marathon.

But being home means back to business.  I'm going to hit the ground running (literally) with my last 8 weeks of training and I'm back full swing into my calorie tracking.  I tried adding my calories for the first few days away, but that went quickly by the wayside as I popped this and that in my mouth.  Plus it was a rare opportunity to enjoy some home made food from my chef brother in law, who can pass up coconut crusted halibut with homemade mango salsa, roasted zuccini, carbonara from scratch or big bbq cheese and bacon burgers? Ummm, definetely not moi.  And surprisingly with all that I only gained 1 pound, so I'll call that a win.

It was great to go shopping and try on Large shirts, then put them back because they were too big and buy the Mediums.  It was also great to get back to one of my favorite USA stores and pick up my favorite jeans in a 8/9 instead or 12!  Maybe by September I'll pick up some 7s?  I know I went way over my daily calorie limits most days but I still felt like the work I have been doing at home paid off because it taught me to listen to my body more and know when I really don't need anything to eat or at least not as much to eat.  We went to Golden Coral Buffet in the States and it was crazy how yellow the food was.  You were hard pressed to find a veggie and the salad bar had the creamy dressings, bacon bits, croutons and cheese for toppings.  I literally saw someone make a "sandwich" out of two huge biscuits, a monster piece of fried chicken, and gravy all over it.  I was able to see that sandwich and know that if I ate that, it would probably be more than what I should eat in an entire day. Although I judge not because I did buy 4 bags of marshmallows in Target (chocolate, mint chocolate, cinnamon, star shapes), I don't know why we only have white boring ones in Canada?  lame. 

trecking sleeping baby

Chris and his massive grill

sisters

the fam -Elliot sleeping in the van

Greg back to nature




 When I got home my 1200 Calorie a day cook book had arrived and tonight I'm making cajun crusted chicken breast and some spinach salad.  I can't wait to try these recipes! More on those later....

No comments:

Post a Comment