Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm Bored

Lately Greg and I have been renting movies from the Library as a cheap free way to stay entertained.  Having a baby in the house means you are usually home by 8pm at the latest, and you're forced to sit around the house, which is fine for the most part, but once in a while I crave some evening social life outside my Nike comfy shorts and an old T-shirt. The movies we've picked are ok, but just ok.  They mostly have decent stories or exciting plots, but nothing too epic.  I'm finding 2 hours goes by and I've done nothing but wonder how much longer this movie is going to be.  Why is it that all the comedies are dirty, and all the action movies have filthy language and all the romances are about infidelity?  I'm kind of getting sick of watching such garbage.  Yesterday when I was returning some books I was tempted to go look for Anne of Green Gables to balance out the garbage we've been watching. 

In the 80's comedies were funny and definetely not as dirty as they are today.  'Adventures in Babysitting' is an awesome movie about a night of kid watching gone awry, but today's version, 'The Sitter' is nasty, low budget and predictable.  I'm usually not too stuffy about movies but it's getting really lame that there is nothing good out anymore.  'This Means War' is a comedy about two guys who like the same girl and compete for her love, it could be a fun story but by the end when she can't decide, her friend advises her that she should sleep with both men to find out which one is really her true love (rolling eyes).  Seriously. considering. Anne of Green Gables.  Don't get me entirely wrong, I do like movie nights with Greggy, but only if we're going to do a Indiana Jones marathon, or a Star Wars night.  Something well made that a person could care about. These library picks are just no good. 

So I'm considering some alternate evening-time-passers.  Maybe some that will be productive, or uplifting and not just a complete waste of my time? The question is...what to do?  I did get a crochet hook and some yarn, but what if I became a person who sat around doing crochet while watching Anne of GG?  I might die.  Maybe I need to look at this Pinterest everyone loves to find some craft ideas? Or some good book picks?  I need help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment