Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Busy Summer and 7 Years Married!

 It's been too hot, too fun, and too busy to blog lately.  I've been hanging out with these two guys and soaking up some summer...





I've still been training, but I use that term a lot more loosely than before.  I usually make it out for a 4 mile run during the week and then Greg and I are still doing our long runs on the weekends.  We are now due for 11 miles, then 12 next week and then we're off to Cali for our trip!  We decided to let the half marathon be the first time we've done 13 miles. Partly because it's fun but mostly because we're out of training time.  It's only one more mile than 12, which we will have done, so I'm sure we can do it and we get to be excited that half marathon day will be the farthest we have ever gone.  right? (unsure face)

To keep in shape I'm also doing a Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred here and there and that seems to be helping off-set some of this major summer BBQ binging.  This past weekend we had Greg's sister and her husby in town and we ate ate ate.  We had a big anniversary dinner with cake, went to Chinese buffet, had BBQ, went to pasta house, had chips galore and many blended drinks.  I didn't count a thing and it did result in a pound gained but I don't care.  It's summer and I'm having fun.  The family is all gone now so I'm back  in business cutting buckets of fruit and veggies for snacks and trying to prepare low-cal meals. 

Somewhere in the midst of all the business this week, Greg and I had our 7th year wedding anniversary.  We plan to celebrate next week when things are a little more relaxed. Hopefully.  But I was remembering back to those early years and I feel very pleased to say that I truly find marriage better every year.  After 7 years, we feel comfortable in our groove, we feel our friendship is our foundation, and we're maturing in our faith, all of which make marriage better and better.   

first christmas together in our tiny tiny tiny place
 It's not hard to feel it's better now than in the beginning.  Check out our "dining room" here.  We didn't care though.  It was good times. 
dating. christmas banquet 2003. doing strange things with hands.

 We were skinny, pale, and very young.  But we thought we were pretty rad. 

super blurry picture of dating us
 Back when digital cameras were top knotch. Here is yet another dating picture.  Hair = Same


dating 2003
Wedding day. august 5, 2005.
God is good.  Time has gone so fast and been such a blast.  I'm excited to see what the next 7 years will bring and hope I can keep on top of blogging to record snips of it here and there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment